Bill Stainton, CSP
Leadership & Strategic Creativity Speaker, multi-Emmy Award-Winning Producer
“If Jerry Seinfeld were a Business Speaker, he’d be Bill Stainton!”
– Jo Ann Prazak, President – Institute for Supply Management
Bill is a 29-time Emmy Award winning Executive Producer and respected leader in the Seattle business community. He is a regular contributor to Seattle Business magazine, and his expertise has been cited by Forbes and The Wall Street Journal. Bill has also authored nine business training video programs in subjects ranging from Office Politics to Customer Service to Team Motivation. His programs have been used by many organizations, from IBM and Boeing to Paramount Pictures and the CIA.
See his TEDx talk here, for which he received a rousing standing ovation:
Not bad for a kid who grew up behind a dairy farm in the Amish countryside of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
For fifteen years, Bill was the Executive Producer of Seattle’s legendary comedy TV show, Almost Live! (which also enjoyed a two and a half year run in national syndication on Comedy Central). Along the way, he led his team to more than 100 Emmy Awards as he became a sought after Innovation Driver, working with companies such as Nike, Microsoft’s Small Business Summit, Godiva and Harley-Davidson. Bill’s leadership gave birth to such personal success stories as Joel McHale, star of NBC’s Community and E’s The Soup; Academy Award nominee Bob Nelson; and Bill Nye the Science Guy.
Bill led his team to more than 100 Emmy Awards and 10 straight years of #1 ratings. Today he helps leaders achieve those kinds of results–in their world and with their teams. He blends the business smarts he learned from twenty years in corporate management with the show biz sparks he gleaned from working alongside Jerry Seinfeld, Ellen DeGeneres, and Jay Leno. This combination of experience creates riveting presentations enjoyed by audiences around the world. Focusing primarily on the areas of leadership, teamwork, and innovation, Bill calls upon his background as a comedy writer to customize each keynote to each individual client. (He’s also written for HBO, NPR, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno…And, unlike some “leadership” speakers, Bill has actually led a successful team!)
When Bill’s not working with, or speaking for, clients around the world, he enjoys scuba diving, flying airplanes, and irritating blues club bands by continually asking to sit in on drums or keyboards. Occasionally they say yes.
Bill is the author of The 5 Best Decisions the Beatles Ever Made: A Handbook for “Top of the Charts” Success, The Executive Producer, and Lead Like the Beatles: How Four Young Men Reinvented And Dominated An Industry…and How You Can Too! As the opening, closing, or luncheon speaker for your next event, Bill sees his responsibility to your audience as four-fold:
Give them something to think about
Give them something to laugh about
Give them tools with which to take action
Give them a reason to say, “This is the best meeting ever!”
His programs include:
Ready or Not, It’s Showtime!
Leading High-Performance Teams in a High-Pressure World
Unforgettable Presentation. Unforgettable Message.
Life is not a dress rehearsal; neither is business. How would your organization be different if everyone stopped making excuses and started producing better results in every area of their lives? Not “later,” not “some day,” but now! Because when it’s showtime, all that matters is results. And in your business, as well as in your life, every day is showtime.
29-time Emmy Award-winning TV Executive Producer Bill Stainton has discovered that whether you’re producing an award-winning television show, an award-winning team, or an award-winning life, real results come down to three simple questions: What’s the show? Who’s the cast? Where’s the script?
- You can’t produce a great show if you don’t know what the show is. What’s the show you’re trying to produce? What’s the outcome you want to achieve? Step one to producing a breakthrough result is to define the result you’re trying to produce.
- If you leave your cast to chance, you leave your results to chance. Who are the people you need to have on your team in order to produce your result?
- The quality of your script determines the quality of your show.
- Behind every great achievement is a great plan—a script, if you will. And just as a TV script is broken down into acts and scenes, your plan needs to be broken down into milestones and benchmarks.
As Big As the Beatles!
How to Become the Gold Standard in Your World
The Buzz of the Beatles—at Your Event!
What does a seriously award-winning team look like? What does it take to lead them? And, ultimately, what does it take for your team to really make it to the top? Why not find out—and have some fun along the way!—from one of the most successful teams ever?
The Beatles are the Gold Standard for success in their industry. How can you become the Gold Standard in your industry?
In this entertaining, energizing, and enlightening keynote, Bill combines music, video, and hilarious audience interaction to help you take your own team to the “top of the charts!”
- Spread the Spotlight. Build a great team and share the credit.
- A Single, Shared Vision. Is everyone in your team on the same page?
- Play to Your Strengths. What can you do better than anyone else?
- Shake It Up! Innovate, reinvent, and do things differently.
- Carry That Weight. Roll up your sleeves and do what it takes.
Just a few of his client testimonials:
“If Jerry Seinfeld were a business speaker, he’d be Bill Stainton!”–Jo Ann Prazak, Institute for Supply Mgmt
“I’ve never worked with another speaker who did so much research on their own about our group.”
• “The time and energy you put into making a presentation personal to the organization is something I haven’t seen in 20 years in the business.”
• “I thought he was perfect…”
• “Bill was a huge hit. After spending just a few minutes with me, he was able to ‘personalize’ his presentation to our specific audience.”
• “Bill Stainton’s presentation exceeded our expectations! He packaged a high-impact message into a compelling, entertaining, memorable hour that held the attention of our entire employee team.”
• “Bill’s knowledge, ability to articulate, keen wit, and creativity truly set Bill apart from other speakers we’ve used in the past.”
Travels From: Seattle, WA