George Walther, CSP, CPAE, MBA
WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR? How to Get off Your Butt and Live While You’re Alive
Life is Far Too Short, so What Are We Waiting For? How to Discover Your Passion, Get Off Your Butt, and Live While You're Alive
Keynotes and Seminars with "Bailout Value"
Sure, you want entertaining, funny, engaging, even arresting speeches for your events. More important, though, you want your audience to leave committed to doing something better, not just entertained with fading memories of funny stories. They need personal bailouts in the form of action plans.
For nearly three decades, audiences have used George's specific, practical business advice to help them sell, serve, lead, and communicate better. Each of the seminar topics on the reverse side focuses on actions that produce results…and profits. They help people thrive despite the recession.
In this economic climate, your audience will especially appreciate a speaker who fills more than one need. George can present the opening keynote and then follow it up with breakout seminar sessions drawn from those described here. You save on fees and travel by combining roles: Motivation and inspiration plus solid, specific, profit-producing content in multiple sessions.
The Life Is Far Too ShortTM keynote itself is much more than just hilarious and enjoyable. It delivers benefits beyond belly laughs:
- Fresh and creative thinking stimulates product improvements, new markets, plus innovations in processes and leadership.
- Clear, direct communication eliminates confusion and gets people working together.
- Relationship-relishing strategies bond customers, build loyalty, and produce work teams that appreciate each other.
You know what folks were craving when they borrowed big to buy that huge house, fancy ride, and other expensive "stuff"? "Happiness" is what they were after. Didn't work, though. Especially now with rampant foreclosures and repos.
35 years of research has shown that possessions don't bring happiness. Experiences do. Just a few weeks ago, a new study announced by Science Daily verifies what you already know: Experiences produce deeper, longer-lasting happiness than you get from buying "stuff." They produce "memory capital."
What do you know? That's the primary focus of George's Life Is Far Too ShortTM keynote: How to fully live while you're alive by experiencing what really matters: adventuring, communicating, and nurturing relationships.
Signature Keynote: Life is Far Too Short, so What Are We Waiting For? How to Discover Your Passion, Get Off Your Butt, and Live While You're Alive
What's stopping you and those with whom you work from getting all that you want out of life? What blocks you from fast-forwarding your business and career? … Nurturing profoundly satisfying personal relationships?… Leading an extraordinarily effective team at work?…. Fostering intense loyalty among your customers?
Time's a wastin' and this presentation will inspire you to seize every day as an invitation to leap over your obstacles. Whether you're launching a new marketing initiative, spurring your work team to the pinnacle of productivity, or infusing your personal relationships with renewed passion, this program delivers just what you need.
Maximizing your professional results or creating a life you love living requires the same three crucial skills, as you'll learn. Your success in approaching business challenges, or facing life's personal crises hinges upon your ability to shift your focus, adopt an adventuresome spirit, and of course, decide to savor joyfully… even in daunting situations.
This presentation unites an extraordinary combination of global adventure stories plus front-lines tales from the jungles of commerce presented by an acclaimed business expert. The result: A practical action plan you'll implement even before you leave the room.
Here's what you can expect:
- The next roadblock you encounter will be transformed. It will become an invitation to discover creative new ways to unravel what you thought was a tangled mess.
- You'll quickly develop rapport and open productive communication channels with confounding co-workers and cranky customers.
- The people who share your life in the office and at home will feel uplifted and will in turn uplift you.
- You'll identify the excuses that have prevented you from making your dreams come true and blast right through them.
- And, you'll leave the room with a personal commitment to take specific steps forward – NOW – toward attaining your personal goals.
George Walther: Your Presenter and "Adventure Guide"
When it comes to seizing adventure and fully living life, George "Walks His Talk." Descended from famous American cannibals (really), he made his 13th trip around the world at age 25, and has gone on to vagabond his way through 96 countries. At the peak of a thriving career as a business authority with books and training programs published around the world, he declared a decade-long hiatus to pursue a higher-priority: single-handedly raising his now-teenaged daughter. He brings his truly extraordinary life experiences, an extremely engaging storytelling style, his gift for clear and captivating communication, and his breadth of business experiences to your platform. The result is a hilarious, quirky, passionate and profoundly motivating presentation that will leave you determined to make the most of your own life.
George Walther is an internationally acclaimed expert at boosting personal performance. He's a professional speaker of the highest caliber, and is widely published. His focus areas are:
- Improving communication effectiveness with "Phone Power" and "Power Talking" techniques,
- Making customer relationships more profitable using "Upside-Down Marketing" strategies, and
- Honing intuitive decision-making using "Gut-Level Leadership" principles.
His clients include Washington Mutual, American Express, Johnson & Johnson, Ford, Microsoft, and many professional associations.
Additional programs include
COMMUNICATION PROGRAM (1 to 6 hours as keynote, seminar, or workshop)
What You Say Is What You Get: Use "Power Talking" to Say What You Mean and Get What You Want
Originally published around the world as Power Talking, this topic has spawned derivative books, videos, and audio training programs in many languages. Slight changes in word choice shape the messages we convey, whether intentionally or not. Word choice profoundly determines how we think and act, and how we are perceived by others.
- Present a much more upbeat, customer-focused image for your organization. Everybody from executives to receptionists will actively promote stronger relationships with positive language.
- Build cooperation with internal and external customers. Whether formally negotiating, selling, or simply presenting a proposal, "Power Talkers" effectively encourage "buy-in" when they master this language of success.
- Boost your self-motivation. Using positive language affects not only others; it also shapes your own self-esteem. Audience members leave knowing they can create their own positive attitudes and actions by consciously "editing" what they say to others-and to themselves.
SALES PROGRAM (1 to 6 hours as keynote, seminar, or workshop)
Never Make Another Cold Call: How to Make Prospects Listen, Respond, and Buy – Without Feeling Suckered
We all hate making and receiving old-style cold calls. They're unproductive and annoying, and they sabotage prospective buying relationships right from the start. Based on George's most recent book, Heat Up Your Cold Calls, this program offers a fresh way to start buying relationships positively. From creating "perceived affinity groups" to eliminating "phone tag" frustrations, this seminar is all about selling more skillfully.
- Eliminate the negative stigma that often overshadows prospecting efforts and learn how to eagerly pursue new customers ethically and profitably.
- Ensure that you stay on the right side of the law and avoid costly liability by knowing how to avoid the legal landmines of old-school selling.
- Stimulate more profitable customer-relationship values by lasering in on prospects most likely to become lifetime buyers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROGRAM (1 to 6 hours as keynote, seminar, or workshop)
Upside-Down Marketing: How to Make Customers Want to Buy from You Forever
The three vital jobs in building profitable customer relationships are normally undertaken in exactly the wrong order. This program shows why and how it's much more profitable to shore-up and salvage at-risk accounts than to hunt for new ones.
- Master a simple, surefire system for defusing conflicts, whether they involve customers or colleagues. Transform your most hostile or unhappy customers into your biggest fans using the H-E-A-T formula.
- Learn inexpensive, constructive techniques for building customer loyalty.
- Realign your sales resources in accordance with your most leveraged profit opportunities; turn priorities "upside-down" to attain maximum profits.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM (1 to 6 hours as keynote, seminar, or workshop)
Gut-Level Leadership: Go With Your Gut – Make Better Decisions and Communicate Your Charisma
Great leaders seem to innately reach gut-level conclusions with uncanny accuracy. Recent scientific breakthroughs, though, reveal that these luminaries have actually learned to hone their sixth senses and reach sound deductions that go well beyond what the facts tell them. Surprisingly, anybody can learn to hear and perfect those signals, creating delighted customers and more productive teams. This presentation includes step-by-step processes for developing, tapping, and capitalizing on intuitive wisdom.
- Make better decisions- with conviction- when you've learned to scientifically verify the wisdom of your own judgment.
- Accelerate your analyses to capitalize on opportunities quickly, while others are still wavering indecisively.
- Project a more confident image for yourself, and for those you lead, as well as encouraging intuitive thinking that stimulates creative problem solving.
George's books, audio programs, and video training tapes have been published around the world in many languages. Phone Power shows people in every profession how to be more effective and efficient every time they use their telephones. Power Talking is a practical guide to communicating more positively and powerfully. Upside-Down Marketing revolutionizes traditional sales philosophies by focusing on the most profitable — and the most overlooked — sales opportunities among existing and former customers.
A full-time professional speaker since 1980, George holds the National Speakers Association's Certified Speaking Professional designation, and has also been inducted into the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, a double distinction held by only about 100 people worldwide.
He earned an MBA in Marketing from UCLA, and graduated summa cum laude with a BA in Rhetoric and Public Address. Media appearances have ranged from CNN to Live with Regis; Wall Street Journal to Ladies Home Journal.
Travels From: Seattle and everywhere…