MC, Keynote Speaker, Learning Coach & Conference Weaver
Watch Roger in Action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw46EXrLqpc&list=PLFhJqyFw_SNMvEGOv9M8Yajv0Ajvbrb31
“The world is lucky that a talented actor named Roger Haskett has stepped off the stage and into the meeting world. His energy and passion light up a room. At a recent national conference I attended, he was by far the best speaker. I was amazed by his fun sense of humor and — most important — how much I learned from him. I implemented his tips immediately and saw noticeable improvement in my business.” — Dave Lieber, Dallas Morning News Columnist
Roger Haskett helps make organizations, individuals, and events more engaging. In his rich and diverse career as a speaker, actor, emcee, writer, director, and entrepreneur, Roger developed a unique formula for not only maximizing audience engagement, but influencing employees, members, participants, and everyone he meets to be more engaged and authentic individuals.
Roger is extremely passionate and positive, with an infectious personality that will captivate and move you. He believes in creating playful energy, the power of storytelling, and getting people actively involved. He consistently delivers entertaining, interactive, and relevant experiences rooted in his background as both an educator and actor. Roger’s fast-growing company, Engagement Unlimited, offers fresh new products for meetings and events that weave together entertainment, education, and team building, proving to clients that by maximizing participant engagement, ROI can be drastically improved.
Roger holds a B.F.A. in Acting and a M.A in Education. He has acted in over 150 films, TV shows and commercials. You might have seen him in shows like X-Files, Supernatural, Stargate, I Robot, or Lovesick: Confessions of a Sex Addict…
In his work as an MC and Learning Coach, Roger combines his theatrical and improvisational background with corporate poise and an engaging style to create a guaranteed formula for success. Roger captivates the audience with a lively energy, appropriate humour, and charm, while evoking emotion and weaving together the story of the event. Event managers and stakeholders feel confident knowing Roger can easily adapt his style to your organization’s brand identity, and will work with you to ensure your event objectives are met. Roger will help you achieve the following:
Normally, just 10% of learning at conferences is retained. Roger will help you drastically increase your conference ROI by implementing scientifically proven methods to increase retention: movement, play, surprise, repetition, sharing, collaborating, and participation.
Human connection is powerful; we all know the value of relationships. So how do we make networking less threatening, more natural…and more fun? Roger’s energy, playful attitude, and audience interaction create a magical mood in the room, one that results in effortless networking and more shareable moments. He breaks down barriers and focuses on the participant experience.
Engagement is a superpower. When people feel motivated from within, they can do magnificent things. With Roger on your team, you’ll still accomplish all the business you need AND do so with fun, positivity, humor, and purpose. He’ll provide a heightened participant experience that will increase participant engagement both during your conference—and after.
Roger’s services include:
- An opening keynote that introduces to people the best ways we learn, engage and connect with others so that everyone can wring the most value from the conference. Roger applies key neuroscience and adult-learning research as he communicates his points. He can also include guided mindfulness exercise as well as a chance to set intentions so everyone can both think about and then activate personal meeting goals.
- Facilitating group discussion and active learning after presentations to help lock-in knowledge and encourage people to take active roles in their experience; this can be done alongside expert presenters.
- Facilitating an end-of-conference session that reinforces key learning objectives, gets people talking about what they learned, and how they will implement insights after the conference.
- Working with your in house host(s) to complement their efforts with comedic relief and professional stage presence
- 3-5 min energizer breaks between content that allow for effortless networking, movement, fun, and brand messaging
- 3-5 min surprise performances, such as pranks and comedic stretching routine
- Standard emcee duties: speaker intros and extros, housekeeping notes
- Capturing important sound bites for social media and video
Roger Haskett – as your Keynote Speaker
1-Pressure Cooker Confidence
- Do you have important things to say but struggle engaging those around you?
- Do you self-sabotage under stress?
- Does fear grip you before or during presentations or meetings?
This award-winning session is designed to develop authenticity, confidence and engagement skills so that you can communicate effectively while under pressure. Roger is a seasoned actor and explores the amazing techniques that performers use to excel in stressful situations. You will hear fascinating stories while learning practical presentation skills and will have fun along the way.
he science behind how your brain works and how to overcome stress
- How to apply Roger’s Rules: Own the Room, Fight to Stay Positive, Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
- Learn to be the biggest, best, most authentic version of yourself in any moment
- Understand the science behind how your brain works and how to overcome stress.
2-The Power of Play
Bored of boring meetings? Tired of tired employees? Learn fascinating new ways to turbocharge learning, relationships, and happiness.
New studies in neuroscience have identified the Power of Play as one of the best methods to create engagement, increase performance and supercharge creativity and innovation. In a word, play is MAGIC.
Roger demonstrates innovative techniques that incorporate elements of play into education, meeting, and team programming. As an advocate for active, participant-driven sessions, Roger will showcase how to weave together learning, networking, and fun using interaction, theatrics and friendly competition.
The session not only talks the talk but walks the walk; participants will experience first hand some of Roger’s recommended activities resulting in a wildly entertaining and a surprisingly profound experience. This session is ideal for your opening keynote: it puts participants into the best headspace for learning and networking for the rest of the conference.
- Tangible strategies to incorporate play into the most important aspects of work and life
- Tools for designing your work environment, training sessions, and meetings to encourage knowledge retention and create a safe environment to share new ideas
- Learn to reverse society’s concept of play so that you can use play to create power
Subject Matter Relates to: Leadership, Human Resources, Corporate Culture, Educational techniques, Creativity, Innovation and Meeting Planning
How to fit this into programming: Well suited at the beginning of a conference to set the tone, break the ice, prime people to learn more and network more during the following days.
3-The Power of Engagement
Engagement is the key component – the secret sauce – to make your team dynamic, you customer’s experience, and your life in general MAGIC. Emerging studies in Neuroscience, Sociology, and Psychology are proving that engagement is the ultimate vehicle for which active participation and the ‘lean-in’ effect is created.
This session will help you harness the power of engagement and use it across your meetings to creating more meaning, be more productive, and help your participants be the biggest, best version of yourself.
- Learn how to utilize mindfulness and intention setting to create a tribe of passionate, driven advocates for your cause and achieve event objectives
- Understand the benefits of moving your company, your team, and your life from passive to active
- Hear fascinating stories and real world case studies of how Neuroscience, Sociology, and Psychology are igniting change in across cultures and lifestyles
Pop Trivia Games
Pop Trivia is entertainment, team building, and learning….all at once! Pit team against team in the ultimate trivia competition. Based on Pub trivia and its British roots, this popular activity has invaded today’s social scene. A unique and interactive way to get people learning YOUR content, Pop Trivia will transform key learning objectives into fun trivia questions. This activity is inspired by current studies in neuroscience and adult learning to ensure content is retained.
“Roger is one of the best MC’s I’ve seen (and I’ve seen many). At the MPI June Gala I thought he did exactly what an emcee should do. Entertaining and confident, yet somehow subtle in the delivery. He was in control and fun… but really didn’t take the spotlight. The MPI Awards were about the award winners, and he performed perfectly.” — Ron Jacklin CEO, Media FX Group
“I have been attending conferences and rallies all my life, and the only speaker that I have seen that gets people as riled up as Roger is Bill Clinton.” – Earnie McLean, Manager, The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada
“You had an enormous impact on me and my ability to achieve this life long goal…thank you, thank you, thank you!” – AK White, Author